‘We pride ourselves on offering the best possible levels of dental care and customer service to all our patients’
Keeping you and your family healthy
- While we gain a lot of satisfaction from helping our patients to enhance their smiles, the main focus of our practice is still very much on providing good general and preventative dental health care to patients of all ages.
- We always take the time to listen to any concerns you may have, and to explain to you any treatment options and choices, so that you can make an informed decision about which treatment would be best.
- We offer a wide range of cosmetic dental treatments that can solve a range of problems such as stained or discoloured teeth.
Helping you to smile with confidence
- Have you ever felt self-conscious about your smile? Do you always smile with your mouth closed, or cover your mouth when you are talking? If you feel your smile is less than perfect – then we can help.
- We offer a wide range of cosmetic dental treatments that can solve a range of problems such as stained or discoloured teeth, chips, cracks, gaps and crooked teeth. Today’s modern techniques mean that fillings can be carried out in a tooth-coloured material, making them virtually invisible to the untrained eye. We can also replace old ageing crowns with new porcelain ones, to give you a more natural smile.
- One of our most popular treatments is tooth whitening. This simple procedure can brighten your smile, leaving you looking years younger and beaming with confidence. We provide both an in-practice treatment where the procedure takes around an hour, and a home system where we provide custom-made trays with a special whitening gel. Both procedures are easy and entirely safe.
If you would like to know more about enhancing your smile, please arrange a free no-obligation consultation with us.
- Prevention is better than cureResearch has proved beyond doubt that when it comes to caring for your teeth and gums, preventative dentistry is by far the best way of avoiding any potential problems.
Our team of hygienists play a key role in this, by professionally cleaning your teeth (which helps to avoid or control gum disease) and by advising you on the best way of caring for your teeth and gums.
- Implants – the modern way of replacing teethThese days, losing a tooth does not mean that you have to cope with a permanent gap in your teeth, or start wearing dentures. Often a dental implant may be the answer. These are amazingly realistic, strong and permanent replacements for missing teeth.
They can be used to replace a single tooth or a number of teeth, and are a great modern alternative to dentures and bridges.
In fact, they are the closest thing to having your own teeth.
Implants are, in effect, false tooth roots and create a strong AND permanent support for replacement teeth, which are handmade by a specialist technician and specifically shaped and coloured to match your other teeth.
At Abbey Mead our implants are placed AND restored by Paddy McVeigh who is one of a select few dentists in the country to have gained the Diploma of Dental Implantology from the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He is a Fellow of the Faculty of General Dental Practice of the Royal College of Surgeons of England ( FFGDP(UK) RCS Eng,), a member of the Joint Dental Faculties Royal College of Surgeons (MJDF RCS Eng) and is also a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology (FICOI). In addition, he is also a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
For further information on dental implants, please ask at reception, phone 01822 611121 or email to