Denplan is an independent dental health care programme. Patients are first assessed and if they are dentally fit they are assigned a category A, B, C, D or E depending on the number of fillings, crowns and condition of the gums in the mouth. For a monthly fee, Denplan then provides a fully comprehensive preventative and maintenance programme. It also provides insurance for out-of-hours emergency call outs (home and abroad), insurance for emergency treatment if your regular dentist is unavailable (home and abroad) and insurance for crowns and implants etc. if you lose, damage or fracture your teeth through external trauma.
Denplan Care Monthly Rates (for 2018)
|Categories||Denplan Care||Denplan Essentials||Denplan Child|
Your first appointment
Please allow 1 hour for your first oral health assessment.
- Prior to the appointment we would be grateful if you could complete 2 simple questionnaires which will be enclosed with the welcome pack. We would appreciate you filling in these forms in advance and returning them to the practice at least 2 days prior to your first appointment. The forms to be returned are a detailed medical/dental questionnaire and a smile analysis. The information you provide us with is confidential and will enable us to plan the best and most appropriate dental health care for you personally.
- Your oral health assessment will involve examination of not only your teeth and gums but other related areas including the face, neck, lips, jaw joints, tongue, and cheeks etc. Your teeth will be examined for evidence of decay and wear. Your gums will be screened for gum disease. More extensive baseline measurements of your gums may be indicated if initial examination reveals active gum disease. Your bite will be also be assessed. You will have a chance to discuss the comfort, function and appearance of your teeth.
- If necessary digital X-rays will be taken (significant reduction in radiation compared to conventional X-rays). These can be seen within seconds and then assessed.
- For advanced and extensive treatment plans further diagnostic tests and appointments will be required.
- At the end of your oral health assessment we will give you solutions to your immediate needs and advise you on prevention of potential problems. Full printed estimates will be provided for all options. We can also supply information sheets and relevant scientific articles for your perusal should you wish.
- We want you to be perfectly clear about all options available to you at all times.
- Please do not hesitate to ask any member of staff if there is any way we can help you or if there is anything you do not understand.